Aug 8, 2008
New handmade books on my table :)
This is book number 21 - I just completed it, scanned and will start posting images soon :)
- It was a good book
- but too big: 11" x 11" final paper size, a little bit larger with the cover - I had to re-organize my backpack every time I wanted to put it in - so I ended up carrying it most of the time - and it's not convenient.
- Big pages to draw - that was pleasant :)
- Hard to scan - did not fit in my scanner so some sacrifices had to be made ...
- 140 lb Fabriano Artistico Cold Press and Hot Press and Strathmore 140 lb Cold press.
- added a little plastic pocket (held with regular black office clips) - it has a couple of pockets to carry small items like extra piece of paper etc. - worked out fine.
- this decorative paper is a little unusual to handle - becomes wet with the glue immediately and then easy to tear apart while adjusting-flattening.
While working in this one I made 4 new books: 2 square ones - for my Mom and for my Friend they are both 7.5 x 7.5 and contain Fabriano Artistico Hot Press ans Cold press 140 lb and a sheet of Strathmore 140 lb cold press.
And I made 2 not so square books: 7.5 x 9 and 7.5 x 4.25 - both contain 90 lb Fabriano Artistico Cold Press and Hot Press (2 sheets each) and a sheet of Aquarius 80 lb cold press.
But these books were drying too slowly - I had to add some glue on the spine - and as a result I am working in a nice little Arches Travel book (6 x 10) that my Friend gave me :) Very toothy paper - very interesting to work on with both watercolor and watercolor pencil! I intend to try pen and ink too - before it ends ;)
Travel sketching is an amazing habit - I see more and better while I am on the road but also when I get home and scan everything - or look t...
Inspired by one of the posts I found on a new blog by Roz , I decided to give a little kick to a couple of dying Faber Castell Pitt Artist ...
I love gouache's texture, it's opaqueness and transparency, it's chalkiness and thick layers, I love how it works with different...