I recently was sitting under a huge oak tree and sketching with my friends Suhitasketch and Teaandmarmalade. At some point, Suhita pointed these beautiful caterpillars sitting on her sketchbook and soon I counted over a dozen on our table.
After a quick search, I found out that these beauties are Western Tussock Moth
They are actually pests and chew through a lot of oak tree leaves in the area. Stanford University is fighting them by releasing microscopic worms (predatory nematodes) and spined soldier beetles, as well as power-washing trees and surfaces where eggs are laid and cocoons are left.
Apr 29, 2019
These photos and a quick sketch will fill in the blanks of the following instructions:
- Pull out the back cap from the pen (use pliers)
- Get some ink into the syringe
- Gently (drop by drop) add some ink to the foam core that sits inside the pen (you can also take it out and add ink that way - but I kept it inside to keep my hands relatively clean). You will not need a lot of ink to saturate the core.
- Close the cap and see how your pen writes now!
- If you overdid it with the ink there will be a bit of leakage from the tip. I left my pen sitting on a paper towel for a bit of time and it soaked all the extra.
Inspired by one of the posts I found on a new blog by Roz , I decided to give a little kick to a couple of dying Faber Castell Pitt Artist ...
I recently realized that my work pants need some mending (when my phone fell through the pocket and hit my foot pretty painfully) and decide...
I've been using tombow fudenosuke for some time now - it's a great workhorse - easy on any paper and with a varied line width and ...
I recently changed the way I store my old sketchbooks. Before this change, I had a large box on top of another large box with some more ske...
This is a note to myself - to record what gouache kit I took with me to the island trip at the beginning of the summer and how I changed the...
I am a "list" person - I have many lists. For example, I keep a list of places/things/events I want to draw. It's long and the...