I found some old flower bulbs in my storage this spring and realized that without any prompt from me, without a ray of light or any soil or water, they started to sprout some green leaves. Since the process began I decided to stick them in some soil I had in a box and the project was born!
These are sketches that depict my fretting as to what kind of flowers I might have (the choice was between daffodils, tulips, and hyacinthus). There was some drama too: one day my neighboring squirrel dug out some of the bulbs and one even got on the ground outside... but it did not stop the project. Plants are amazingly resilient!